Steel Framing is a practical solution to many of the limitations that builders face today when using the traditional materials. Steel framing is the technique that made the skyscraper possible. Steel frame its a building technique with skeleton frame of vertical steel columns and horizontal I-beams, constructed to suppose the floors, roof and walls of a building which are attached to the frame.
A few BENEFITS to consider building with steel framing:
- Eco friendly. No wood used to build therefore no killing of trees
- Lower construction costs:
- Steel does not shrink, split, or warp.
- As a result, there are no nail pops or drywall cracks to fix after the structure is completed
- Easier to Handle: it weighs less than wood
- It saves about 30% less in cost compare to the current construction prices
- It takes 30% less time to build than current construction
- No termites ever
- Energy efficient construction; keeps it cool in summer and keep warm temperature in winter
- Steel is recyclable indefinitely without loosing strength
- Isolates sound from the outside (acoustic sound
The following is what you will see in the video below here the summary of steps to build with steel framing.
Steps to Build with Steel Framing:
- Roof installation (crosses frames made of steel) – It takes one day to put the entire roof
- Walls panelized erecting all walls in sequence based on the plans from the architects drawings to shop drawings (to convert them to build steel frames) – It takes only 4 hours to put up 800 sq ft
- Pour the concrete
- Metal barrier (wire mash)
- Plastic on top
- Under sewer installation (pipes)
- Solid Base Cred
- Soil Preparation
- Choose the type of roof
- Insulation in the whole structure
- Electrical, plumbing. HBAC pipes installation inside the steel frame
- Windows, doors
What makes steel framing better than wood framing?
- No termites can harm the construction
- No rotten
- Hurricane sustains over 100 mph winds (woods is less than half)
- Recyclable material
What makes steel better than Block building?
- Steel is about 30% less expensive
- Steel is about 30% less time to build
- Block cannot be insulated at all
- Block can cause lots of human casualties if destroyed in a hurricane
- Block is very slow to build and you have to let it dry before putting other layers of work
Pictures from MFContractingllc.com